Saturday, June 26, 2010

Devolution

Or, Why I Need a Dark Cave in the Desert to Get Anything Done.

12:30 pm.
OK. I've opened my project, fixed up the template. I'm ready.




Look: notes on the left, vitamin water, chewing gum. I'm clearly a girl with a purpose. Note for posterity's sake the internet wire duct-taped to the closet door in the upper-left corner, as well as the keyboard firmly set into the desk drawer.

12:45 pm.
Remember that Rafael Nadal is playing in Wimbledon. Some other stupid sporting event seems to be all over the television. I take to the internet.


An understandable distraction.

1:45 pm.
I have ten whole minutes of audio done! Only... 248 minutes to go. Spent 15 minutes trying to decipher an unintelligible name. Google's failing me. This is upsetting. Inexplicable segue into looking up salsa recipes.

2:00 pm.
FISHING CONTEST IN THE WORLD OF WARCRAFT THIS IS CLEARLY AN APPROPRIATE EXPENDITURE OF MY TIME.

2:08 pm.
Didn't win.

2:11 pm.
But Nadal did!




Again: understandable, I think.

2:35 pm.
16:48 minutes done! Obviously, this is the time to upload to this blog so I can update from here. That way I can close the other MS Word document, because it was distracting me from the one I should be working on. Yes, that's way I haven't been getting much done. Definitely.

3:11 pm.


Accomplished.

3:31 pm.
Literally nothing. I think I got a glass of water. Guess that took 20 minutes.

4:30 pm.
32 minutes done! I thought that I was like 1/5 done, and then I remembered that an hour is 60 minutes, not 100. Not sure how that played out in my head.

5:30 pm.
I guess I've guilted myself into actually doing some work. 60 minutes done; under 200 to go!

8:30 pm.
I've officially ADD'd out of my own ADD recording.

No comments:

Post a Comment